Quick Learning School Insurance. Securities. Real Estate.
Class Schedule Locations FAQ About us Contact us Login


Insurance Securities Real Estate
Preparing you to pass the first time

California Agents & Brokers: Continuing Education (CE) training requirements

Life-only agents, accident and health agents, property broker-agents, casualty broker-agents, or personal lines broker-agents

  • Twenty four (24) hours of continuing education (CE) credit hours for the license type during each two-year license term. Must complete courses for license type held. Credit hours are applied to individual licensee; not each license held.
  • Three (3) hours of ethics CE training every license term as a part of the requirement.

Special California Continuing Education Requirements

  • CA Long Term Care Requirement (All agents selling LTC products) Those agents selling Long Term Care products in the state of California must complete an eight (8) hour Long Term Care approved course every year for the first four years of licensing, and every renewal period, thereafter.
  • CA Annuity Requirement (Life Agents selling Annuity products) This requirement states that prior to January 1, 2005 any life agent who sells annuities must complete an initial eight (8) hours of annuity training prior to soliciting individual consumers and four (4) hours of specifically designated Annuity training every two years prior to license renewal.
  • Homeowners' Insurance Valuation (Property & Casualty-Broker/Agent) The Homeowners' Insurance Valuation training course needs to be taken only once in order to satisfy the requirement. Complete one three (3) hours course on homeowners’ insurance valuation prior to estimating the replacement value of structures in connection with or explaining the various levels of coverage under a homeowners’ insurance policy. (Part of the CE requirement not in addition to)

Limited lines automobile insurance agents

  • Twenty (20) hours of CE each license term, including three hours of ethics CE training.

Non-resident license holders

  • Home state has CE requirements