Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which license should I get?
Always consult your broker/dealer first. However, most Life Agents pursue their
Series 6 & 63 license. This is the minimum requirement along with the Life Agents
license to solicit and sell variable contracts.
2. How do I register for the Securities
Contact your broker dealer for the U-4 Application and fingerprint card. File your
application and fingerprint card with the NASD.
3. Do I register for the Exam myself or does Quick Learning School
do that for me?
We do not assist with filing the U-4 application. You must contact your broker-dealer and
they will assist you with this process.
4. What courses am I required to complete prior to the licensing exam?
At this time, there are no pre-licensing requirements for the securities exam or licensing.
However, we offer an exam preparation course. It is highly recommended, but not required.
5. How should I prepare for the licensing exam?
Quick Learning School offers a two day cram course that reviews
key concepts, questions and answers, and test taking techniques.
Contact us at (408) 453-8133 for our
6. When can I schedule my exam?
Once you file your application it may take 2-3 weeks for processing. The NASD will notify
you once your 90 day window is open. You must schedule and pass the exam within that time frame.